Friday, April 9, 2010

if you still had the bones of an idol, you'd be long long gone.

--I keep hearing about Mark Titus, Ohio State blogger extraordinaire, and any aOSU doubts I may have had about him were snuffed out by his promotional youtube video.  He's a really good writer, too (or at least his ghostwriter is) and his blog, Club Trillion, is a great read.  At the very least, it's the only way you'll find out Evan Turner's nickname or how Greivis Vasquez treats the ladies.

--Treme, David Simon's upcoming show about life in post-Katrina New Orleans, is a groingrabbingly exciting prospect.  It features a number of Wire veterans (including Wendell Pierce and Clarke Peters, Bunk and Lester Freamon respectively) as well as NOLA native John Goodman, and the A.V. Club was extremely positive about the show in its latest podcast.  I really couldn't be more titillated to see TV's best journalistic voice cover a city that's direly in need of a realistic appraisal.  The show premieres on HBO Sunday night at 9 CST, if I'm not mistaken.

--I don't remember if I've posted this before or not, but it truly is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

--It obviously isn't at the Wolf Blitzer gold standard for racist comments made by venerable, silver-haired TV personalities, but what Alex Trebek has to say at the end of this clip is really pretty hilarious.

--It's a theory that, as I've gotten more familiar with both parties, I've come to agree with.  Good on Questo for illustrating it in this clip.

--As with all things, I do it because THE WARRIOR (HOOOOOGAAAAAN!) does it.

--This is one of the finest timewasters I've come across in my time on these internets.

--If the Redskins sign Flozell Adams at left tackle, it probably means they'll take Eric Berry with the 4th overall pick.  Barring a (increasingly likely) trade of LaRon Landry, the Skins will have my two favorite safeties of the last decade in one defensive backfield, and I'll be doomed to continue rooting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment